Monday, May 8, 2017

Oh, the angst, the worry, the anguish

Yep. I'm writing.

I've made good progress on Book 7 of my paranormal series, but I'm at that point where I'm facing my self-imposed deadline. I have 8 chapters to and a little over a month to do it. I'm pretty sure I'll make it, but ...

I always go through a lot of angst when writing on this series. I have to remind myself constantly: "It's not what you want the story to be. It's what the story is." I love these characters and I want them to be happy and not have any problems, but I have to remind myself that the story demands otherwise.

Hence, the angst.

I never know for sure if I hit the mark until I finish it, let it sit for a few months, then come back and read it again.

So I'll let you know in, oh, October, if I did it.

Until then: it's fingers on the keyboard, and writing.